At today’s group we looked at guilt and how to learn to let go of it. We can go through life feeling weighed down by the strain of guilt from situations from the past. It can manifest into a belief that you are a bad person. Beliefs such as this can prove to be so debilitating, and affect our long-term well-being. The belief system that you hold on yourself may be totally unfounded yet you are dragged down by it. People who have been victims of abuse can often feel like it was their fault which can often lead to years of carrying unjustified guilt without the realisation that the abuse they suffered was not their fault. People do make mistakes in life and some which can have massive consequences for them and others. As long as we are able to learn from mistakes and maybe see it as where you were at that time, and are able to show remorse you are in a far better position to deal with feelings of guilt. Below is a section from an article on http://www.gateways-to-inner-peace.com/dealing-with-guilt.html
*The Negative Effects of Guilt
Some of the effects of withheld guilt:
- Guilt can greatly affect our self-esteem.
- It can weigh us down and prevent us from moving forward in life.
- The emotional burden can literally make us “heavy” and manifest as physical weight problems.
- It can lead to a lot of self-criticism and problems with perfectionism.
- Those who carry guilt can become very apologetic, and are often saying “I’m sorry” for even the most insignificant things.
- We can become paranoid about what others think of us, due to our own feelings of inadequacy.
- Ongoing negative thoughts and emotions create changes within our subtle energy system, which can affect our physical health and lead to dis-ease.
- Guilt is often created early on in childhood, when children are made to feel bad about their various behaviours. This can lead to emotional blocks later in life
Why Dealing with Guilt is a Positive Thing
It’s impossible to go through life without doing things we regret. But you are a spiritual being having a human experience, and you deserve to be free to expand and grow.
There are many reasons why dealing with guilt is a positive move:
- When you accept and then release your feelings of guilt, you will instantly feel “lighter”, like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders.
- It is highly likely your physical health will begin to improve.
- Dealing with guilt will allow more positive thoughts and emotions to arise from your being. This in turn creates a much more positive life experience and will allow good things to flow into your life.
- Releasing your guilt is a great act of self-love
- When we have a negative experience with another, it can create an etheric cord between the two of you. Your guilt in relation to another can also affect their energy body. So releasing your guilt will also have positive benefits for the person or people who are the subject of your guilt.
- When we have a negative experience with another, it can create an etheric cord between the two of you. Your guilt in relation to another can also affect their energy body. So releasing your guilt will also have positive benefits for the person or people who are the subject of your guilt.*
As guilt can feel live a heavy topic for group members we tfelt it a good idea to look at some of the footage that was shot for our promotional video which seemed to bring a healthy balance to the group.